United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development
On September 25th 2015, 193 world leaders committed to 17 Global Goals to achieve 3 extraordinary things in the next 15 years:
- End extreme poverty
- Fight inequality & injustice
- Fix climate change
The Global Goals for sustainable development could get these things done. In all countries. For all people.
HOW IS THE TEAM AND GLOBAL NETWORK AT BARRETT VALUES CENTRE PLAYING THEIR PART?
Collectively, the Global Goals are about an evolution in human consciousness. This is central to the mission and vision of Barrett Values Centre®. We support leaders in building values-driven organisations, which in turn contributes to the creation of a values-driven society. Another vital aspect of our vision and service is to be a global resource for the evolution of human consciousness. We know that we can’t do this alone! Over the past 18 years, we have been busy building a worldwide network of change agents in over 90 countries who are doing the coaching, consulting and development work on the ground.
#GlobalGoals Special Edition Personal Values Assessment
To help celebrate the launch and spread the word, Barrett Values Centre has created a special edition Personal Values Assessment with the Global Goals logo and links. Ultimately, the goals are about a transformation in human values. When we understand what is inside, we can take action from a place of greater consciousness. Just as the Global Goals 'Tell Everyone' campaign has the intention to reach all seven billion people in the coming months, we are serious about our desire to offer the PVA to everyone on earth so they can explore their own values, priorities and motivations.
Delivering the UN Global Goals: The Consciousness Perspective
In this paper, Richard Barrett shows how the Global Goals for sustainable development are linked to the evolutionary stages of consciousness and psychological growth. He uses this framework to suggest an order in which the goals can be delivered, in order to maximise the possibility for successful implementation and show why some goals are easier to achieve than others. If we start with the simpler goals, we can build the relationships, systems and mind-sets that make the more difficult goals possible.
How can you get involved?
- Tell everyone you know: friends, family, colleagues, and customers, about these Global Goals.
- Take a new Global Goals Personal Values Assessment and share the link with as many people as you can to encourage them to take it too.
- Follow our Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter pages to learn more about the goals and opportunities for collaboration.
- Start thinking about which of these goals most resonate with you and how you can make a contribution through your life and work. Take a selfie of you highlighting your primary goal and share it with us on social media!
- Get in touch with us and share your ideas.
No Point in Going Halfway Video
For more videos please check out Global Goals YouTube channel.